View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 10:14 PM   #36 (permalink)
saturndude
EcoModding Lurker

I'm a huge Saturn fan and always wanted to convert a Saturn 5speed SW2 to a camper, maybe with a pop up roof. Right now I'm trying out my SC2 as a tow vehicle for a 16' travel trailer. You can find some pics at tntt.com username LandCommander. I will track the mileage with a little more use. The 5speed DOHC (125hp) makes plenty of power for pulling, well-tuned trailer brakes help with stopping.

But honestly, for ease of use, economy, price, and livability, you an not beat a TOYOTA 20' MOTORHOME.

I sold my 1987 21' toyota mini-cruiser and miss it every day, hoping this 1964 aristocrat land commander travel trailer will help. But it's been a lot of work to get it livable. The toyota comes with a HOT SHOWER and FITS IN ONE PARKING SPOT. Fuel economy is 13-18mpg for full size rig. The reliability is legendary.

I bought mine for $2500 and lived in it 3 years, finished college, and traveled the US with my gf and dog everywhere from Maine (home) to Vancouver bc to padre island tx, key west fl. And as much as possible in between. I then sold it for $4000. (I added solar panels, refinished inside bit by bit etc.

So unless you want something without a hot shower, the toyota is the cheapest and easiest and bestest decision. Decided among models is another discussion. My dream rig is a 4x4 21' toyota sunradar.

The Following User Says Thank You to saturndude For This Useful Post:
aerohead (12-02-2014)