View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 06:26 PM   #211 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG VX View Post
Hello all, Happy Thanksgiving! I appreciate the insight on the plugs.

Thankfully, my VX has been running "back to normal" over these last few warmer days. I also realized at my last fill up that my MPGuino was incorrectly calibrated by my last adjustments. So much so, that it was off by 5 mpg at fill up. Said I had 50 mpg, but actually achieved 55mpg for the tank. I beat my record last tank for most miles on a tank. 449.8 miles, filled up with 8.12 gallons of gas. I filled up this go around with 93 octane and immediately saw a nice increase. I beat my record going home from work yesterday afternoon! It was a very streamlined, low traffic trip, due to the holiday. 49 degrees outside. Ran 68.2 mpg on a 36.2 mile trip!

For the winter, I am driving the family around on the weekends in the VX, which beats the pants off our 98 F150. So, my tank numbers are going to look really crappy in comparison to my work-week trip numbers. But, we are saving some serious money.

Have a great time with your families this weekend, and drive safe all.
Nice! I'm too lazy to look, but what tires are you running? I really didn't believe they made that much of a difference until I got off my 185/65R14 no name brand tires to 165/65R14 potentza Re92's. On the LOW end I gained 8mpg. On the high end it's 15. Not to mention I'm driving 10mph faster now.