View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #217 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesteel93 View Post
According to tire rack the re92's are only 13lbs versus the michelins being 17lbs! That means any weight advantage the vx wheels have over the hx wheels doesn't really matter based on these wheel choices. It would be interesting to test... I'm not too far from you wolf (Orange County), maybe once my vx is running good we can test this. I was planning on getting a set of the michelins for my vx wheels anyway.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=yes&tab=Specs

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....num=665SR4RE92
I'm up for that, I'll come to you if you got the tools and stuff. Just hit me up when your ready. My phone number is 1-(760)-596-9927. This isn't just for bluesteel, anyone is welcome to text me, just make sure you tell me who you are lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Wow. I did not ever notice the weight difference. Compared to the 13" Defenders, the 14" RE92s are not only 4lbs lighter, they are also 10mm thinner. And the RE92s are cheaper at the moment, by $24 for the set of four right now. But the UTQG rating of the RE92s (260) is less than a third of the Defenders (820). That could mean you'll need three times as many RE92s to go the same distance the Defenders will go. That's a rate of an extra $600 for the same distance treadwear. In terms of cash it's probably the defenders that save you money.

And hey, I am in Orange County too. Down near San Clemente. Still love the idea of a Southern Cali meetup somewhere.
Idk, I don't care what the treadwear is, I will never move off of Re92's unless they stop making them lol. And a meet sounds awesome. I can come down anytime.