Thread: My wife's car
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
renault_megane_dci
Master EcoModder

la_voiture_de_courses - '03 Renault Megane Estate
OldContinents
90 day: 44.34 mpg (US)

xiao lan - '01 Audi A2
90 day: 38.88 mpg (US)

Brit iron - '92 Mini Mini
90 day: 45.5 mpg (US)

Prius - '09 Toyota PRIUS Lounge
90 day: 47.37 mpg (US)

Beemer - '06 BMW F800 ST
90 day: 53.06 mpg (US)
The K12 Micra in Europe are no longer fitted with CVT, they have a normal 4 speed auto box.

So we found a very low mileage car with a 80hp 1.2 liter engine and went to see it one evening.

The car was below average as far as cosmetics are concerned but we wanted to try it anyway.

Around town, it was very smooth but my wife has this 83 mph stretch so we needed to see the highway capability of the car.
We went for a spin on the highway and it was proper nightmare : acceleration lane took us in at a lame 50 mph despite a double downshift
Then the car was downshifting every time I pressed the pedal, not even managing to take us to 60 mph in a smooth way, at least as smooth as the model she was replacing ...

We told the guy we weren't interested then headed back to the meeting point.
At this moment, I had the impulse to check the on board computer and found 18 mpg average

I told my wife every auto would pretty much return the same MPG and she was shocked.

Then we checked the trunk just to know if we should try and find manuals K12 only to find it is fairly smaller than a K11's !!!

This was a very good day though since it helped my wife to rule out autos.