View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 09:54 PM   #1346 (permalink)
Astro
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by e*clipse View Post
I didn't modify my toaster oven. I've seen things where people added fancy PID controls; I just got a good digital thermometer and documented the response.
I did get one only for soldering - they're pretty cheap anyway - just so whatever weird fumes come from soldering don't infect our food.
For this job, I'll just solder it by hand. Hopefully I'll retain some sanity - this is the tightest board I've ever dealt with. LOL!
e*clipse, i used a hot air soldering station to do all my BMS modules and it made the process quite easy. If there were any issues like a resistor standing up due to surface tension (happens occasionally, depends on amount of paste you use) then it was simple to just push it back down with tweezers while the solder paste was still hot and flowing.

The process i used was almost identical to this one.

I did about a dozen boards at a time. Much more than that and the pick and place becomes tedious. It really was fun to see all the components shuffle about and line themselves up neatly. Was almost like magic. Made all the time doing the pick and place worth it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astro For This Useful Post:
e*clipse (11-30-2014), thingstodo (11-30-2014)