View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 01:29 PM   #348 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Well, that link says that only 1 of 5 people have the scanning app, and a fraction of those people are likely to pull their phone out, start the app and scan it.

I got all kinds of looks, especially with the boat tail. A lot of it is on the go, though, when people don't have time to scan a QR code, let alone a stable hand. If they don't have the app, it's gone forever to them.

The reason I recommend just a huge "ecomodder.com" on the side is that if someone takes a picture, they can look the site up later and figure out why you modified your truck the way you did. If nothing else it's a short enough word that they may even simply remember it.

And yes, people love to circle around boat tails (for the kill? ). I even caught a few peekers on camera- one at Menards and one at a car show. As long as you give the curious an avenue to explore further, I feel your duty is done. Most will not understand or look it up, so make it obvious and accessible for those that do. After all, people are probably less likely to personally ask you questions about fringe cars like ours than, say, a Lamborghini.

Anyway, I'm rambling. The important part is to do your own thing, and if people really want to know more, they'll find a way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sven7 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (12-01-2014), BamZipPow (12-01-2014)