View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #318 (permalink)
The donkey CRX
Master EcoModder

MULE VX - '92 Honda civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 92.6 mpg (US)

White 94 VX "Show Car" - '94 Honda Civic VX VX
90 day: 79.92 mpg (US)

The Walrus - '02 Honda Insight base
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 100.88 mpg (US)
Pics of alternator delete and 214 AH battery

Here are some random pics of the alternator delete.

Here is a picture of the Odyssey PC 1800 214 AH battery in it's custom mount right behind the passenger seat. In front of it is the Dual Pro PS4 60 Amp charger that was recommended by the tech from Odyssey since Odyssey doses not have a charger available to adequately charge this large of a battery. I will still be able to fit a standard Honda passenger seat in front of the charger.

Here is the battery and charger after they were wired. On top is the 3-way switch that allows me to change between the regular battery under the hood, the Odyssey battery, both batteries or to disconnect both batteries. Also note the black 150 Amp safety fuse on the 12 volt lead from the battery.

Here is a picture of all the wiring required to connect to the large Odyssey battery and to disconnect the alternators heavy 4 gauge power wire.

This is where the alternator's 4 gauge wire and the 4 control wires coming out the back of the alternator are turned on and off.

Here is where the Odyssey battery is grounded and the location of the 500 Amp Shunt is installed in order to measure current amp draw and total amp draw from the battery.

Here is the gauge that is attached to the shunt, It will allow me to monitor how many amps are being drawn from the battery and will let me see the current state of charge (SOC) left in the battery as I drive the car. This will help me take good care of this rather expensive battery and allow it to perform for many years.

Let me know if you would like any more details.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The donkey CRX For This Useful Post:
Daox (12-02-2014), fusion210 (12-02-2014), mikeyjd (01-07-2015), OG VX (12-03-2014), vrmouseyd15b (12-01-2014)