Thread: 600 mile tank!
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
kafer65
Tinkerer

Silver - '15 Mazda CX-5 Sport
Team Mazda
90 day: 37.23 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord_minded View Post
Hi Kafer-- Not sure what is next on my list and would love some advice from you all. I am limited by tools and skillz! So, I'm thinking of a front air dam (using the standard garden edging technique) and maybe side rails. Possibly replacing the driver's side exterior mirror with a small motorcycle-sized mirror [not going to remove mirror completely to avoid potential police interest in my vehicle]. Some day I may attempt a Kamback, but that is not in the near future. I also see many posters who say a partial under belly tray is a cinch, but I'm not so sure and I'm wary of that one for now.
Yep, I hear you. I've got sheets of aluminum or stainless that I could finish up a 100% belley pan but I worry about heat reflecting back from exhaust in the tunnel. The existing pan is plastic all the way to the rear suspension. I already smell hot plastic from 100 grill blocks ( now about 97%). The blue Suby owner's pan is cooler with screens but I wonder about all of the transitions to plate in between. May be too much for me right now anyway. Maybe just the parachute at the muffler to smooth out for me. Still adjusting nut behind the wheel too!

Mirror deletes, 80% grill blocks, wheel covers, 50 psi tires = 6% better MPG avg. over a year. Wheel skirts overcoming ethanol winter fuel mpg losses and more!
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ead-30641.html