View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 07:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
herberpower
EcoModding Lurker

Dominates Everything - '88 Honda NX650 Dominator
90 day: 50.55 mpg (US)

Mini scooter - '15 Ride E1
90 day: 615.21 mpg (US)

Conor City 350 E-Bike - '03 Conor City 350
90 day: 907.26 mpg (US)

Maxi Scooter - '09 Vectrix VX1 NIckel Nickel
90 day: 233.45 mpg (US)

Vectra B - '01 Opel Vectra B Elegance
90 day: 27.77 mpg (US)
I do not ride the rim 14 " with 165 / 65R14 , the tire has less profile. Absorbs less potholes , but it is nothing radical. may be another option .

For 155 ... you can mount wheels 4.0 4.5 5.0 5.5 inches if you find them .

To search for new rims you need to have the same number of screws, and the same distance, eg 4x98 ( 98 millimeters). and the same or similar distance between the center of the rim , eg ET38 ( 38 millimeters).

Tire you need for the same or higher loading code , you need the same or higher speed code . keting record in the code load and speed on older cars do not always appear.

In the technique inspecion not always the size, load and speed code of the tires is verified, if verified and do not spend the inspecion is not met.

To mount a tire has to have an ameliorative equivalent radius between +/- 3% of origuinal tire, the distance between vias with a maximum distance of +/- 30 millimeters .

This is the law in Spain and within the european union is equal . In other countries may be different .

Make sure before buying new tires that will not have problems in the art inspecion, or tire rims and buy and keep old for inspecion .

I changed tires and rims in cars, to see which does better . what I like is not very wide tire, and with the profile grade as much as possible to better absover potholes .

Here some roads have potholes .

Motorcycle:

Scooter:

E-Bike: