View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 07:01 AM   #78 (permalink)
Madact
EcoModding Apprentice

Emerald - '97 Honda Civic CXi
90 day: 40.13 mpg (US)
My MPGuino and case (100x50x25mm (external) Black ABS Plastic Enclosure if you're wondering - no affiliation with the seller).

The body of the case turned out to be slightly wider than the lid, leaving the obnoxiously shiny edge visible all around. I made a bevel with a block plane and roughed it up with some 80 grit sandpaper, which worked nicely - oh, and I waved the flame of one of those mini torch/lighters after sanding to get rid of the whitish rough look you get when sanding plastic - you have to look really close to see the difference between the moulded/patterned bevel of the lid and the planed/sanded bevel of the body (see 3rd picture). Could have just cut the display hole in the other side of the box, but then I'd have to look at the screw holes

This case is a nice snug fit - approx. 8mm to spare vertically (I mounted the board as high as it would go, for easy button access), 11mm to spare horizontally, and I had to sand the chunky screw terminals of the MTH-tek MPGuino down by about 1mm so the screen sits parallel with the lid - at least it won't be rattling around.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MPGuino1.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	16563   Click image for larger version

Name:	MPGuino2.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	16564   Click image for larger version

Name:	MPGuino3.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	16565  

Last edited by Madact; 12-07-2014 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: Corrected sandpaper grit