View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joggernot View Post
I have never figured out how to make this installation permanent. Tape doesn't hold. Spray glue didn't work. I didn't want to use screws. How did you get such a nice installation?
This is foam you can find in car-audio shops - the exact make/model is GMS-011a 10mm. It has aluminum coating on one side and self-adhesive on the other. The hard part was cleaning the underside of the hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoegerd View Post
Great idea to cover the underside of the bonnet. Maybe something for my 106!
Have you been monitoring your engine temperature?
Go ahead and try it. I paid the equivalent of 25-30€ for a piece 100x130cm, of which I needed 70x130cm, so I still have some scraps to insulate the firewall or side panels.

I doubt that this will dramatically raise the engine's operating temp, but it should keep the heat in longer when the car is parked, so the engine will be warmer after 1-3 hours.

Insulation also makes using engine preheating worth while. I've checked that DEFA doesn't make a block heater for this engine. I'm still searching for another option, as this car will be used almost daily.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread