View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
Eastwood
EcoModding Lurker

Gigi - '13 Kia Forte EX Eco
90 day: 31.64 mpg (US)

Charlie - STi - '13 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
90 day: 23.03 mpg (US)
Car sits up a little bit higher, not very noticeable, and could just be placebo effect since I know I'm on 17" wheels instead of 16".

Coast time is noticeably longer thanks to the LRR tires.

I'm going after all that rear cavity space under the trunk next. Using this as a guide:

The guy that posted that on CruzeTalk said that it started falling down so he took it off of his car. I'll add another brace or two to my version so hopefully it will maintain its rigidity.

On the engine splash shield, I have to repair a crack in mine (going to try fiberglass for the first time!) thanks to a little critter. When I have it off, I'll try to find an easy way to put in some easily removeable coroplast to take up the area that was cut out by GM. My hunch is that I can just lay it on top of the splash shield, over the cutout area, and simply use some tape to secure it, but we'll see. Then when I want to remove it for service, I can just push it up from the tape and pull it out by pulling it towards the rear of the car and then removing the tape.

Being on the bottom of the engine bay and not touching anything, I'm confident that it won't melt.

I'm also thinking about those vertical bumper spoilers.