View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 04:31 PM   #73 (permalink)
ultimx
EcoModding Lurker

I was waiting for someone to post bisi motos header. A main point to also think about is a good collector design. Burns stainless which I believe Neal posted comes to mind since u like tigging. Also slower speed also helps out for mpg, I decreased my speed by 5mph and gained 2 or 4 mpg, I can't remember over the same trip all things being equal. Also for tuning purposes, you might want to convert to obd1 as there are many tuning solutons out there, one cheap one being chrome. Or hondata for better option. Your initial design I was curious how you were going to close your hood but the last mockup looked promising. I eveuntally was going to swap the same 3 stage vtec engine into my car but other projects have put a hold on that. I cant wait to see your header design and final gains as to the design. Also, I didssee you mensioned using a adjustable fuel pressure regulator on your obd2 engine, you should try and get as close to 50-55psi on it as possible as Honda injectors atomize fuel the best at that pressure. That should be set if going back to obd1 and you can adjust the fuel tables to what you want in open loop as well as closed. Just fyi.
The Following User Says Thank You to ultimx For This Useful Post:
Madact (12-12-2014)