Thread: Hello all
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 11:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
leanAztek
EcoModding Lurker

FEcamp - '16 Subaru Outback Premium
90 day: 29.55 mpg (US)
Thanks for the tips.

I had to roll back the lower RPMs on idle. Just 50 RPMs lower caused dimming of the electrical system. Affected the headlights and dash. Once, at a red light the engine died. Not good for safety.

I unfortunately have the 4 speed trans. Wanted the 5 speed auto stick but this Magnum came quite loaded and that was the only problem. Kinda fell in love with it so I didn't shop around like I should have.

As for milage, I entered my logs from since I installed the DiabloSport tune. (look for SXT6 in the garage or vehicleid=8797 since I can't post links yet) A few tanks were pure fun and not eco at all. Need to fill up in the morning so the current 22.2 mpg should go up. Still it is 11% above EPA.

I am going to stick with the current tune for one more week. This should give me a couple of fillups for a baseline. Then I want to switch to the 89 oct tune and see if I can run 87 oct in it without knocks in the engine. The only problem with this is that the temps are dropping so I am not sure how that affects things.