Thread: Oops.
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised to find it's completely true. With 600 or so to a compound and only a couple or three of us to go inside it at any time, we didn't do much to them aside from keeping them in. Every compound had a mayor, an interpreter, a chow crew and a trash crew. Usually the only one we spoke with was the interpreter. The rest of the bunch could have been plotting anything they wanted right in front of us, and do you think we'd have known anything?

It's a safe bet that these now ISIS guys were in at the same time. At one point the compounds got segregated with sunni and shia being separated as best as could be done, but that was the only thing I saw happen that even looked like an attempt at controlling anything- and that would have actually made it more likely that these guys were together. If any of them were in compound 5, I'll bet I lit smokes for some of them.

But even a friendly prison guard in an occupying army is still a prison guard in an occupying army. I couldn't make anyone less of an enemy, all I could do was try not to make it worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%