View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
For my 1994 Cavalier with 44042 KMs (27350 miles) - it has a new battery, and a newer air filter. That is all, nothing else to see here, move along folks haha.

My friends '87 Tercel 4x4 wagon than I have posted about before with stupid low miles on it:
Battery replaced, muffler replaced, passenger side mirror glass replaced, it still had the original air filter in it when I got it for her in 2001 ish. It's also on it's second set of tires since it was new. Nothing else except for oil changes, cap and rotor, and spark plugs has ever been touched, as in original plug wires etc. I love that car, and I will own it one day!

My parents bought a '93 Mustang GT new. I've had it since the early 2000s. It has 113k KMs (70k miles). Battery, starter solenoid, tires, front brakes, windshield, one fog light, ignition parts (still have the original date coded plug wires in a box), and one rear axle have been replaced. And it has been repainted (original black). It hasn't been driven since 2006, so now it pretty much needs to be restored, but at least it's all there. I have the original cardboard floor mat covers it came with from the dealership. And the mirror hanger with the delivery number from the dealer. And the yellow tag that was also hung from the mirror that reminded you that the car was fuel injected and you didn't have to pump the gas pedal before you started it when it was cold. The dealership also sent my parents a bouquet of balloons along with a thank you card and a bottle of touch up paint a few weeks after they bought it (full load GT was a pricey car back then), I have all that. '93 was the last year of what people consider a 5.0 Mustang, and the first year they were available with a CD player. But the center console is set up to hold cassettes, not CDs. So my mom wrote an angry letter to Ford, asking why they sold her a car with a CD player and nowhere to put the CDs. Ford sent a letter back apologizing, along with a Ford black leather CD case, and a Ford sample CD of various kinds of music. I have that somewhere too. So, even though some things have been changed on that car, I think it has to be my most original car, even over the Cavalier, simply because it comes with so much crazy stuff you'd never find anywhere else.