View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #40 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanspif View Post
The cam was stock but the SS did get a "hotter" cam than the regular Monte Carlos so maybe my sweet spot was a little higher with it being an SS. The carb and timing were adjusted by the computer so I should have had a more efficient set up compared to an old school completely mechanical set up. I'm not entirely sure an you can tune for a specific RPM when the cam shaft is still playing a major role in the efficiency equation.

I was under the assumption that the new Camaro aero was pretty terrible so I thought that the Chevelle might not be much worse. With an air dam to reduce under car turbulence I think the gap closes ever farther. I really didn't think old cars were THAT bad in the aero department.
Oh I thought you were talking about an early 70s Monte, the 80s shouldn't of had that problem but the problem they did have mid 80s was they couldn't figure out ememissions. Also the computers were programmed without the ability to learn so when you move it out of it's normal operating range it may have done bad things to the air/fuel or egr, etc.