View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 11:13 PM   #772 (permalink)
seanof30306
EcoModding Lurker

I wonder how the drop in gas prices will effect Elio? It's looking like we could be seeing sub-2.00 gas prices for quite some time.

It doesn't change my interest, but gas prices are something people react to very emotionally.

Over and above that, I've just seen something on their site that concerns me greatly.

The lack of real information and the "options" page, where all of the options shown are drawings, this close to their latest projected production date had left me a little uneasy, but I was just looking at the pics section, and there are a bunch of them purporting to be from an interview with "NBC's Dan Jovic". Dan Jovic is a reporter for the NBC affiliate in Shreveport, not for NBC News.

That is such utterly dishonest, purposely misleading hype that it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

Man, I'm really excited about the Elio, but this close to their claimed production date, I'd think there would be near-daily updates, and much more specific information. I'd certainly not think they would have dishonest hype only a 2nd-year marketing major would think would be effective all over their webpage.