Thread: V8 fuel economy
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 10:29 PM   #37 (permalink)
greasess
EcoModding Lurker

As for the valve lift requirements for 800hp, my stock cam is about .450 lift and my intake ports were tested to flow 272 CFM at that lift. That was without a valve job or flow form around the intake port. That should be plenty of flow to reach my goal. I know the DOD version of the 4.8 would help meet my goal but that won't work with my LS1B ECU. I would have to use an E67 or some other ecu. I use EFI Live and am familiar with tuning the LS1B only. I would also have to make up a custom harness to use a DOD compatible ecu. I can also command fuel in the "cruise" areas of the VE table to be as lean as I want while still running 11 to 1 AFR under boost so I can use the same map for the strip and eco driving. Also, I know that 11/1 CR isn't typically a good idea for boost but I have seen some people run 15 psi on a stock ls2 with 11/1, a 4 inch bore instead of my 3.77 bore, less quench area than I have, more chamber hotspots and so on. I haven't done it yet. I'm just saying that it's not impossible on 93. pgfpro, what cr are you running on your 4g63? Those are great results. If all else fails I'll ceramic coat my pistons, chambers and valve faces. That's supposed to get gains of up to 15% on economy for some engines. Thanks for all the reply. Keep the ideas and criticism coming.