View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #34 (permalink)
naturalextraction
naturalextraction

Hi Saturndude... I've posted my and my mpg gains. Before the extreme modification I got about the same. I have tried other modifications related to some of my other that put it 52 to 55 mpg. (That proto-bike is an extreme example of mpg and available power on tap of course) With the current mods and practical driving (key here) I have my best now at 64.3mpg with the SV. With many hills I should add between here and Santa Fe NM. In city driving is best with the turbo mods due to less throttle and and I was able to lean out the bike anyway. Gearing helps in your case btw I'm sure you all ready know. Less effort from the engine and running 15.5 to 16.6 AFR will never hurt anything and at sea level you wont hardly feel the power loss. I can go on but just thought I'd make mention you can get better mileage with some tuning details. Also Graig Spears (Spears Racing) makes the advance timing keyway that will help as well with MPG. Talk to some of the guys at SVRider.com, some of them with carb SV's are getting mid 50's as well with some good tuning techniques.
The Following User Says Thank You to naturalextraction For This Useful Post:
Grant-53 (01-17-2015)