View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 03:26 PM   #814 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by botsapper View Post
Another startup, Elio Motors, a Phoenix-based company said it would hire 1,500 workers and to take over a GM Shreveport assembly plant to build a fuel-efficient three-wheeler. Their relatively attractive green vehicle is very car-like, fully enclosed with power windows, airbags and air conditioning. American-made and America-sourced, maybe the new Ford EcoBoost 1L triple, 2012 Engine of the Year? Their most attractive marketing come on is the very low and reasonable pricing, for ONLY $6800! Their marketing presence are small enough to be under the big news radar but they are aggressively using social media and for their appeal for...$100 Facebook reservation (and you get $50 discount, a limited edition T-shirt & bumper sticker), federal funding and state tax breaks of a capital investment of about, let's say a round number - 100 million dollars?! Maybe too good to be...real?!

Caveat.

Original post...

Already tired of the redesign, pimpin' it! Still like those side headlamps and open front wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcane View Post
Looks slick, but the lack of details makes me very concerned about it being real... Computer models predict 5-star crash ratings? That doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. For something that is going to start shipping in 2014, it seems like there are a lot of details to iron out.

Pics inside the engine compartment, interior, and rear suspension would be helpful, as well as details about the drivetrain and indications of there being more than just one prototype.
Few posts later...I don't have a source of the 2014 deliveries, but maybe they will be hitting the streets tomorrow...

I am very skeptical. As much as I would love for these to be on the road, it seems unlikely. Not saying never, but hope for the best, plan for the worse.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.