View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 02:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Striker2237
EcoModding Apprentice

Silver Magnum - '03 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
90 day: 11.43 mpg (US)
Dude with that bumper on that 2500 it wouldn't have mattered anyway, stock ride or lifted. That road armor brand one is about 1000lb of 1/2 inch steel. However I agree a lift is moronic, the factory ride height and front to back rake are there for safety and stability when towing or carrying a large load. Plus most lifts that you see on the road do NOTHING for ground clearance and only move the center of gravity upward making the truck even more roll happy to say nothing about the death of the aerodynamics that were already bad to begin with. Body lifts without a suspension redo and T-case remount are useless and quite frankly instantly identifies a retard truck owner who cares more about "looks" than function. Oh (I'm ranting anyway) WHY!?! do so freaking many people put massive mud tires on road queens!?! I went and had some fun in a good foot of mud plus standing water in some fields a few days back and guess what? I HAVE ROAD TIRES. Did I get stuck? Nope. Can I brake in wet weather? Yep. Is my rolling resistance less than 1/3 of those mud tires? YEP!! Please people who drive trucks.........Don't do stupid mods.......and for god's sake if you don't ever go off road get ROAD TIRES! This will help to dispel the rapidly growing image of us truck owners being a bunch if hicks with no sense. (end rant)

Last edited by Striker2237; 01-01-2015 at 03:24 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Striker2237 For This Useful Post:
Cobb (01-01-2015)