View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #27 (permalink)
vskid3
Master EcoModder

Civic DX (sold) - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 34.15 mpg (US)

GTO (sold) - '04 Pontiac GTO
90 day: 22.62 mpg (US)

Green Brick (sold) - '06 Ford Escape Hybrid
90 day: 31.93 mpg (US)
IamIan, interesting. Looks like it could be difficult to add to an existing structure/design because of the open space needed for the pulled out bed, but it would make tiny houses more accessible to those who can't/won't use a loft for the bed.

Cobb, have you tried using cold water for laundry? We only use hot for stuff like cleaning rags to "disinfect" them (probably isn't hot enough to do much).

Cd, have you considered having roommates either in your current apartment or a new one? That's an easy way to drastically reduce rent if you're already in the cheapest apartment around. Here's a list of ways to make money online, if you have plenty of free time and/or skills. This Graphic Lists Over 200 Resources for Making Money Online I'm not sure about the hidden costs of a tiny house, but I don't think there would be much or any if you're staying at an RV/trailer park.

All the sales staff were gone by the time we got to the RV dealer on Wednesday, with it being New Years Eve. We're going back today to look at that trailer and some others. The rear kitchen seems like it'll be a must-have feature for us, but I would really like to get something cheaper, especially if we're going to make major modifications to it.

Camry Thread
E-Bike Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to vskid3 For This Useful Post:
Cd (01-02-2015)