Thread: Another Mirage!
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
alex16
Mirage 5MT driver

honda - '99 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 38.09 mpg (US)

Mirage - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES
90 day: 45.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Congrats again on the car. You're going to have fun squeezing the MPG out of it.

Are you satisfied with the handling, or planning to tighten it up with the rear stabilizer bar?

And... welcome to EcoModder!

I can see where the criticism comes from the Mirage, yes I will be adding a stabilizer bar, the car does handle fine when going around corners at posted speeds and driving responsibly but if you hit a corner say, one I'd hit with my civic fast enough I am close to the limits of the tires and I feel the body roll the Mirage feels unsafe and leans in much more at the rear. With a way a stabilizer bar will solve this issue and give the confidence to take the curves faster but the narrow tires are going to lose traction if pushed a little more. The rear springs are soft and that combined with no stabilizer bar gives this issue, stiffer rear springs may help as well, but I enjoy the spongy ride. I will be ordering my rear stabilizer bar soon.

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 5MT. 15k miles 44.2 mpg avg overall in my mountain, northern PA

2010 Cobalt sedan XFE -project uber/mpg taxi.

Last edited by alex16; 01-02-2015 at 02:41 PM..