Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 11:06 AM   #190 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
My garage is already wired for 220 (240?-nuke plant). My problem is counting the beans. With a sub $1k car (including repairs and DMV fees) laughable property taxes, stupid low inusrance and 6.8 cents a mile for fuel currently, the Sentra can not be touched by any vehicle. It's not even close. If I drove it to the crusher today, it's still not even close.

You're electricity cost is the amount used divided into the cost. Any other method of calculation, is just incorrect. I don't discount the volume of fuel I put into my vehicles because part of the cost is taxes. It reminds me of the the Benz that was reporting 1200MPG in a fuel log due to free WVO.

Does the source of liquid fuel affect the consumption? Of course not. Consumption is measured by volume, not source or cost.

I think electricity here is about 12 cents per KWH average. Our consumption will vary from this years low of 592 to al all time high of over 3k during an especially brutal January almost 10 years ago.

When you consider a Leaf (I did) and ignore the total cost of ownership, You're only fooling yourself. Even without financing cost, taxes, insurance, and depreciation costs are staggering.

Just be honest, you are willing to spend significantly more to be among the first to go fossil fuel free. That's admirable in itself, but mybe just not practical for those who have lesser means and more limited incomes.

regards
mech
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
campisi (01-04-2015), Cobb (01-04-2015), pgfpro (01-04-2015)