View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 07:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
2000mustang fan
EcoModding Lurker

SilverStang - '00 Ford Mustang
90 day: 22.23 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourigjm View Post
So why are you here?

In just about every post you call the OP or someone that replies to it an ignorant hippie.

For some people spending the extra money to make their car stretch the mpg's makes sense. people who own their cars, who aren't going to sell them, and who are going to make their money back in fuel savings in about a year (Lookit basjoos)

Personally I'm not going to be modifying my car, I plan to sell it in ~2 years, however if i can turn into a competition it makes it that much easier to drive 55 on the highway.

Not everyone on this board is a hippie. Most are here because they want to make a difference either in their wallet or in their environmental impact. AFAIK Hippies spend more time complaining about "The Man" keeping them from smoking weed... thats a real waste of cash if you ask me.
I completely agree with you. I agree with repacing the stock rims with larger wheels, sadly it's already been done because stock they are 15" mine are 17" Im not sure if the preevious owner re-calibrated the computer. I have true-dual exhaust already on this car. Basically put all the small modifications like that are done, that's why I'm either going to go with tranny swap or swapping out gears, although from what I've heard about changing the gears the Tranny swap sounds alot more worth it right now. I got my scangauge and I can already see the improvement on my driving habbits I got ~200miles with 7Gals of gas I'd say I'm doing good but I eant to know how much more I can get out of it. My aero modas aren't even done so I expect an even greater increase by the end of this year I plan to have this car squeezing out about 27MPG AVG. I'm close but not close enough. I don't want big oil to steal all of my cash thank you very much for the guy on here calling me a ippy for trying to save gas, and thanks to the people who are agreeing with me as I agree too gas costs way too much. If big oil wants to try and put us down, well this is the way to fight gas prices.