View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 08:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
lovemysan
EcoModding Apprentice

gutless wonder - '02 Saturn sl sohc
90 day: 40.17 mpg (US)

econoburban - '05 chevy surburban 2wd LT
90 day: 19.43 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000mustang fan View Post
I completely agree with you. I agree with repacing the stock rims with larger wheels, sadly it's already been done because stock they are 15" mine are 17" Im not sure if the preevious owner re-calibrated the computer. I have true-dual exhaust already on this car. Basically put all the small modifications like that are done, that's why I'm either going to go with tranny swap or swapping out gears, although from what I've heard about changing the gears the Tranny swap sounds alot more worth it right now. I got my scangauge and I can already see the improvement on my driving habbits I got ~200miles with 7Gals of gas I'd say I'm doing good but I eant to know how much more I can get out of it. My aero modas aren't even done so I expect an even greater increase by the end of this year I plan to have this car squeezing out about 27MPG AVG. I'm close but not close enough. I don't want big oil to steal all of my cash thank you very much for the guy on here calling me a ippy for trying to save gas, and thanks to the people who are agreeing with me as I agree too gas costs way too much. If big oil wants to try and put us down, well this is the way to fight gas prices.
If it was my car I'd swap the gears the cheapest way possible. Which would probly involve a junkyard axle and evening with air tools. My current car has a .61 overdrive gear. Which puts it at peak torque at 70 mph 2450rpms. But I generally drive 55-60mph. Were talking LOW hp here. With the a/c on 50-70mph accelleration in top gear is around 30 seconds or more. You could probly get away with 2.56 gears. A stock roadmaster does.

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

Real men have wheel skirts.