View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 09:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
ChazInMT
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Wind tunnel guy, I see you're still young and learning about new things. One of the things you need to teach yourself is how to be skeptical of things that claim results that seem outside the realm of possibility. One of the biggest clues you'll find that lead you to be skeptical is people using terms that seem scientific, but are really just patent Bull Crap.

The 2 things you wrote that make me say "What the heck?" are "Aerodynamic fluidity" and "Create vortex in front of the car".

It is good that you are curious about aerodynamics! We all start somewhere. I suggest you read a lot of the things Aerohead has written about and explore what we can do to a vehicle in order to reduce the drag forces created by moving a solid object at high speeds through the air.

There is a lot to learn just to start understanding the basics of aerodynamics. This Ram Implosion device thing you speak of is an attempt by some to confuse you with scientific statements which sound reasonable, but, in fact and by just plain logic are false or it's supposed effects are hugely over exaggerated.

Welcome to ecomodder. Don't let the snide comments here dissuade you from learning more about this very interesting field of study. I started out with my own huge misconceptions 4 years ago and have learned a ton since then.

If you really want to learn, forget this Ram Implosion thing for now. Be grateful for the fact that it has led you here, and start learning my young friend.

If you try to defend the Ram, you'll only be met with greater and greater hostility which will certainly frustrate you and send you off thinking that we're all a bunch of closed minded mean people here, which we are, but given the right chance, we can teach you a whole bunch.

Much respect,
Charlie
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ChazInMT For This Useful Post:
AndrzejM (01-08-2015), BamZipPow (01-06-2015), bondo (01-06-2015), Cd (01-06-2015), elhigh (01-07-2015), freebeard (01-06-2015), NickelB NL (01-06-2015), RedDevil (01-10-2015), UltArc (01-09-2015), user removed (01-06-2015), Xist (01-09-2015)