Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 06:21 PM   #240 (permalink)
P-hack
Master EcoModder

awesomer - '04 Toyota prius
I had existing costs that were not affected by the decision to add the leaf, and it is a lot more fun at higher efficiencies, despite being rather heavy, and comfortable (mid sized) and costs considerably less per mile. It had as much impact on the service fees as adding a gasser in my case, and %99 of cases, and that is just the honest truth. No reason to act like it isn't.

I'm still a big fan of the beater 5 speed econobox (and a little jealous of the cbr250r), not everyone will be able to sort out an electric anytime soon. I don't expect to make up for the purchase price in cost/mile (and I did address the battery in a previous post), but you can (and I am) also experiment with electric (I have an old gs750 in the garage and a ac24ls and some leaf batteries), and since I don't have any idea what the resale is or how many miles it can go, it is kinda ridiculous for me to come up with a "real" cost per mile. But so far it has been very reliable (plenty of non starting cars in the neighborhood this week).

Purchase/conversion price can be whatever you want, that isn't what I'm talking about when I say $0.03/mile. Why would anyone feel compelled to "call me out" on that in the first place?