View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 09:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
drainoil
EcoModding Apprentice

Vader - '15 Dodge Grand Caravan
90 day: 23.13 mpg (US)

Cmax - '13 Ford Cmax SEL
90 day: 40.92 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
We just bought a 2011 Town and country with the same drivetrain as the 2013 model. It has new Michelin Defender LRR tires and is broken in with 47,000 miles. It has a great fuel economy gauge that shows average, but with a bar underneath with instant up from 0-45MPG and then an arrow on the bar where the average is currently at. Easy to tell if you are under or over average with a quick glance. I haven't even aired up the tires or done much but drive across a frozen town but can tell this thing is going to get some good mileage (for a 7 passenger car that can move a full size sofa inside). Flat ground steady 35 mph it is reading well over 30mpg. We will have to get a tank thought it to tell how good the gauge is. It also is flex fuel so I will be looking to try that. The roof rack has fold sideways and down flat cross bars which I didn't know and a bit of a Kammback spoiler on the roof. Makes me want to block the grill, add rear wheel skirts, and skin the belly.
A neighbor has a 2013 T&C and they seem pretty happy with the mpg, they say they ve averaged at least 24-25 on longer road trips. Pretty good for almost 300 hp two ton plus vehicle.