View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 11:43 PM   #168 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrmouseyd15b View Post
This is the remote I mentioned last night (for my car stereo) It's one of those "oh god, we're going to crash" remotes!!

- more than enough buttons to hit a tree, lady with a baby, light pole, etc... while trying to adjust the volume!
chicks dig it.

So, getting to the radio, it's a Jensen like this:

Ive got the media module hooked up, Ipod connected thru the radio's touch screen - just can't see paying for radio so no satellite hookup (at this time)

Did the fancy trick so you don't have to hit the "e-brake" to watch dvd's years ago on this head unit. DVD's and CD / MP3 / WMA files no problem!

Then for the really fancy stuff - I wanted to do this since I first got this radio, and Mechita's still got all the extra coaxial cables run (originally this would have went into Mechita's trunk) but since Skiddy's the new family cruiser, here we go!

The something special here is a PS3 Yes, a Playstation3. In my wagon. Yes.
The PS3 sits under the front passenger seat (seat slid all the way back to show - otherwise it's totally hidden)

120v power comes from an inverter (also mounted under passenger seat) Inverter is switched on by a relay when key is in ACC (if Mr. Honda only knew) or ON position:

Controllers are factory wireless - perfect! Keep them in the glovebox with the Ipod (hardwired to the media module) and radio remote...

This is where the "limits of the law" take over - for now we can't play or watch movies while the car is in motion, but I can fix that with a drop - down rear monitor in the future but for now it's like this

Too bad I can't pick a Honda wagon, this Integra will have to do:

Then, of course, the PS3 has WIFI and apps and what not (Most oasis and Mc Nasty's have wifi you can reach from your car)

Can't forget blue ray - yup got that too!

IF I EVER HEAR "ARE WE THERE YET?" I'LL THROW YOU OUT OF THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO EXCUSES

I'll get back to the ECO part of the modding real soon, just thought I'd share my insanity with all you good people!

By the way I do have a security system as well, but you won't see any pictures of that
Ok, I'll show you the "backup" security system with "automatic threat mastication"

OK, my secret's out - don't tell anybody!

Thanks,
Victor
Omg those dogs are SO CUTE!!! I want one!!

Anyway, how did you hook up a PS3 to that screen? That's pretty cool!

The Following User Says Thank You to Baltothewolf For This Useful Post:
vrmouseyd15b (01-13-2015)