View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 11:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
redpoint5
EcoModding Newb

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 29.14 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.66 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,290 Times in 2,452 Posts
Doax has a good point about other vehicles. I looked at a 2011 Leaf for $12,500 and decided to pass because I was so mad about how they implemented the heater on that model year. It would have been a harder sell for the wife too, who scoffs at the idea of plugging in a car.

I haven't considered a Volt, but perhaps that's a good option. It would be best to wait until the end of the year when people upgrade to the gen II Volt and gen IV Prius.

Still, I don't see that many plug in Prii around here, and the guy is asking a more reasonable price than most have asked. I'm thinking $13,500 will be my firm offer, considering there is no charging cable and I can't fully evaluate the health of the battery.

I have an easier time selling the Prius to the wife since she doesn't have to plug it in, and it looks much better than a Leaf. It would also be very economical for road trips.

Not sure if the 3 digits below the main number are important. Can anyone tell me what history exists for this VIN?

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. -H.L Mencken.

Last edited by redpoint5; 01-15-2015 at 11:30 PM..