View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 10:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
redpoint5
EcoModding Newb

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 28.24 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.65 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
I take it the pip battery is a separate battery from the one used with the synergy drive? So its only chargeable from the main vs regen braking?

Guess plan b is buy a cable and go to a charging station and see.

Plan C, make a CL add and see if someone has a cord and charger you can plug in?
The PiP uses a single lithium ion battery for both EV and hybrid mode. The car reserves a portion of the battery for hybrid use so that it always functions at least as well as a normal Prius. I don't remember what fraction is reserved though.

In any case, all problems are now my responsibility. I traded 135 bills for the car and it's now registered to me. I've never carried so much money before, and I had some reservation about meeting the Russians alone. Best I can tell, they were good guys that didn't know much about the car and were just trying to make an honest buck.

I have a 300 mile round trip to Bend tomorrow, so we'll see if any gremlins shake loose.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. -H.L Mencken.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
Insight for life (01-17-2015), RedDevil (01-17-2015)