View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 03:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
The other day I went out to the car to figure out if I could convert to manual door locks and to my surprise, yes, I could! The way these doors work is, they have a separate solenoid type system with a corkscrew, that turns and pushes it locked when you lock the car. BOTH of them were seized. I just disconnected them from their mounts and they hang freely now in the door, so I can lock the car with the keys. The car had an alarm system so, I just arm it and don't have to worry about it. Alarm wouldn't arm before I did this fix.

One thing that's bothering me with this car is its mileage. I slam on this car everywhere, but it looks like I'll be getting around 10 mpg this tank, which is a little concerning. About 60 of the 135 miles traveled so far was to work and back, and I just set cruise control on 50mph and cruise to work and back. Can oil thickness make a difference? I'm running 10w-40. Don't get me wrong I do NOT drive this car for mileage, and have raced 3 people this tank, but from what I have read, even with going to the drag strip people still get 15-19 with 3.73 gearing, and I have 2.73 gearing!