View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 03:53 PM   #31 (permalink)
synergy
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
"There is nowhere on earth to get those parts."

Wrong again, you might want to check the legal status of manufacturer-dealer requirements for supplying replacement parts for the cars they sell.

I can call Tesla and get any part I need or sue them for a fortune. Without replacement parts collision repair is impossible and that covers most everything.

Without any replacement parts how can you do any collision repair?

The battery pack in a Tesla that sits long enough is worthless.

I could continue but it would be a huge waste of time, to say nothing of forum etiquette violations.

The facts dont support me saying a tesla p85 is worth 20-30k and a p85d would be worth 50-60k....

Ok lets look at the p85. They are asking 15k for the motor... They sold the battery how much do you think they got for the battery? Id peg the battery at maybe $200/ kwh? an 85kwh battery would be worth 16k at that price.

so 16k for the battery and 15k for the motor. I bet they figure both will be gone in 6 months. So if they paid 30k for it they would get back their money in 6 months and the rest is all gravy. I bet theres still 15-20k in value left in it depending on condition.

I figure a p85 D would get 30-40k for its drivetrain without the battery....

Im not sure how you figure my logic is flawed. The only facts we have is they sold the 85kwh battery and they are asking 15k for the motor... 20-30k in value is easy to see.

Value is what people will pay for something. If this yard makes money off the tesla the next time one comes up for bid they will have a better idea of its value and pay more for it knowing what they can sell it for.