View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 11:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
sword_guy8
EcoModding Lurker

I'm not sure if this is an instrument question either, but I wasn't sure where to post it. If the moderators feel that it should go elsewhere, please feel free to move it.

I'm not sure what you mean by speed density system. Are you saying that the computer doesn't use the MAP reading to compute fuel? I'm pretty sure it does.

I'm not really concerned with MAP for my calculation though. It isn't incorporated. The calculation uses BPW, which is the length of time the fuel injector is actually open. Knowing the flow rate of the injector, I don't think you can actually get more accurate. The equation uses the actual amount of fuel that is flowing into the engine. It does not rely on MAP, MAF, or what the mixture ratio is. Also, I only said I see a direct correlation between MAP and MPG, not that the MAP was being used to determine MPG. I have not seen a direct correlation with any other reading.

Also, shouldn't the MAP be affected by the mass of the air since air with a lower mass has a slightly lower pressure? Or am I off base? Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding your post.