View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 02:32 AM   #51 (permalink)
synergy
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
OK, who would want a Tesla electric drive?
All of the Teslas on the road today would not still be under the factory warranty, right?
What is the return policy of the salvage yard on a battery shipped to Europe?
Does the buyer have to pay freight both ways?
Does the seller even have the capability to charge the battery or test the capacity of the battery?

Now if I had a Model S that had been "bricked" , say I bought it in an unclaimed storage container, nice and cheap and only needed a battery, it might be worth the risk, if I had some recourse, but remember the caveat
"no returns on electrical parts".

How can they warranty what they can not replace and probably can not repair?

The insurance companies tried to "character assasinate" the repair shops by getting an estimate to build a 1973 Chevrolet. The estimate was 18k. The car cost 3k new.

I worked at a dealership when Subarus first came to the US around 1973. The car cost $2395.

Two front drive axles
$750
Two front knuckles (where the bearings are located)
$1748

Thats more money for 4 parts than the price of the whole car.
I told them just take a new car and disassemble it and they would have every part you could ever need.
If they had done that they would still have some of those parts on the shelf
42 years later.

regards
mech

Show me the quote of me talking about the salvage prius.... I cant seem to find my own post talking about it and I dont have many posts... So i'd like to see it if you have it mech.

Ive looked through EVERY one of my posts and cant find it. So please enlighten me.....