View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 08:06 AM   #23 (permalink)
The_Jed
EcoModding Apprentice

Crown Vic - '99 Ford Crown Victoria Base (P74)
90 day: 24.1 mpg (US)

Turtle - '98 Subaru Outback Sport
90 day: 30.53 mpg (US)
3.73's for $250 installed? Can't beat that!

Does your car have subframe connectors?
I had a set of 4-point connectors on mine and I immediately felt a huge increase in rigidity. That and caster/camber plates were two upgrades that completely changed the driving dynamics of the car.

Your Fox actually looks pretty good.
Mine had a red shell, purple hatch, white doors (with completely worn out hinge pins) and a black nose. I had a set of 10 holes and a set of turbines, both with nearly bald, dry-rotted all-seasons. It also had a W.C. T-5 with a pro 5.0 shifter (came with the parts car, I didn't like it), a fresh and very tight Track lok and 4.30 gears. The thing was a brute. Besides the TFS stage 1 cam, hedman longtubes and roller rockers the engine was stock.

Where I (mis)spent my money:
Solid steel motor mounts, KYB GR-2 struts and shocks, Turbo Coupe front brakes, 4 point subframe connectors, strut tower brace, BBK caster/camber plates, M5300-C spring set, QA-1 tubular K-member, new O.E. SN95 A-arms, tubular rear control arms (should have kept the stock ones and installed a panhard bar then ran the poor man's 3-link), anti-squat axle brackets, F.M.S H.D. clutch kit, aluminum quadrant and adjustable cable, A/C eliminator bracket, underdrive pulleys, battery box in the hatch, dual remote mounted oil filters (waste of money), addco sway bars and no interior besides the front seats.

Oh to be young again...
'05 Outback 3.0R (wife's)