View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 03:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
bizzybody
EcoModding Lurker

Software for bluetooth OBD2 reader.

I bought one of these Bluetooth OBD2 readers as a cheap addon to another order from Amazon.

Well, when it arrived another item in the box had moved around and broke the little CD-R. Was going to try it on my Taurus today but can't. Note to Amazon. Two little air pillows will not restrain a 5" diameter by 3" thick steel gear! (It's for the back gear shaft on a LeBlond metal lathe that's probably 100 years old.)

Amazon gave me a refund, don't have to send the gizmo back, but now I have no software for it. I have a phone with Android 4.1.2 and a tablet with 4.4 to try with it.

Anyone have one of these and could send me a copy of the software that came with it or know where to download it? I don't know what software is on the broken disc. It was just packed in an anti-static bag.

The gear was factory packed in its own box with plastic wrap and expanding foam. Brilliant. Pack the indestructible item like it's egg fragile and don't pack the somewhat delicate item in anything tougher than a plastic bag.