View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 05:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
V8 AWD Civic conversion

Balto and Jed were discussing upgrading Wolfie's Mustang with parts from the Ford family and I asked about the HX, and Balto just said that you could put in a VX transmission and drop your RPMs, or an EX one, and raise them. I deleted that post and, instead of distracted his thread, I claimed another spot in the Off Topic forum.

A while ago, I read about something like this: "It started with a LS turbo. Then it was a K24 turbo, and then it became a turbocharged V6--at least until 2012. Somewhere along the way HickhamHatch decided that a turbocharged V6 was not the answer, but a RWD conversion with a 2000-horsepower turbocharged V8 is." That is from an e-mail from Honda-Tech.com

I cannot find it now, apparently HickhamHatch had all relevant threads deleted, but he pulled an amazing number of parts from other Hondas, and his car looked stock. He had a half-inch drop, so it was not really noticeable, and possibly CRV wheels or something. I doubt the V8 was a Honda, Honda Planning V8 -- but Not Until 2015 - AutoObserver although I did find this Twin Turbo RWD V8 Civic - Honda-Tech, which uses a Lexus V8, but if he completed the project, and he has done similar things before, then he simply stopped posting, at least there.

I am just waiting to get enough hours at the bakery to finally replace my timing belt and then resume ecomodding Chorizo, but I can usually appreciate hard work. Do any of you know of any Civic builds like these?