View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 01:46 AM   #120 (permalink)
brett701
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobilOne View Post
My choice would be the $2900 Saturn. My impression from the ad is that the seller knows cars and took care of it. Go check it out with 25 $100 bills. Make one offer, then keep quiet. First one to talk has lost bargaining power.
The coolant leak car says BEWARE to me. I think that the seller knows what the problem is and even though the fix "should be simple", it will be expensive. Just my 2 cents.
I ended up doing what you said and got the car. However I only went with 20 $100 bills and 25 $20 bills.

I didn't get it inspected or anything. I was basing all of it off of the individuals personality. I met him at his work. He is a mechanic at Toyota (a newer mechanic) & I went to his apartment to do paper work.

Anyways, Thank you all for your help I appreciate it & couldn't have gotten a good car without all of you. I will keep you posted as to the MPG that I will be receiving with this Barebones 2002 Saturn SL 5 speed.

I've only used a stick twice before this so I'm sure my mpg will be a bit off. Today 94 miles was 3/4 tank. I think the tank is 12.1 gallons & I ended up getting 32.13 mpg for the 1st 1/4 of a tank.

NEXT STEP
Get safety& emissions
Get new insurance
Get new plate

Figure out which add ons are attainable and within my scope of skill.

Also, the tires need pumped. I need to learn how to drive a stick properly before I start trying to drive more efficient.

Thanks again to everyone that suffered through my confusion.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/4855359884.html