View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 05:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
My dad wants a high seating car and test drove the Celerio. I was a passenger on that ride. It had the 3 cylinder 1 liter engine, manual tranny.

I'm sorry to say but I did not like it one bit.
High, narrow, stiff but independent suspension made for a harsh ride and still a lot of overhang in the corners.
The engine was noisy and underpowered. My dad misshifted several times (having almost 50 years of experience with manuals, some of them quite bad ones too).

To my amazement my dad praised the car for being quiet.
Turned out he had forgotten to put his hearing aids in...

The auto tranny was not available yet.
My sister has a Mazda 2 with a comparable tranny (computerized manual) but she hates it. It does everything right except it does not accelerate when you want to. You have to plan your acceleration well in advance, building it up slowly to prevent double kickdown with a waiting period in between...

We own a high seating Hyundai I10, a smaller and cheaper car than the Celerio but IMHO a much better car in all aspects - save boot space.

We test drove a Honda Jazz (=Fit) Hybrid too. The difference could hardly be bigger.
Not just the ride but the seats, trim, quality and all.
If you think about buying a Celerio then test drive a Jazz/Fit and compare.

My dad is on his way to buy a Jazz Hybrid now

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 02-02-2015 at 05:10 AM..