View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
The "final showdown" was my ex taking me to small claims court for repossessing the car when she refused to get insurance. I explained that here: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post466414

I am not sure that it was a fair fight, she made her argument, I made mine, the judge asked if she had anything else to say, and she said "No, Your Honor" so quietly that he told her to speak up. Then he asked if she was sure, because I contradicted her testimony.

"No, Your Honor"

Purchasing business laptops is interesting, I had not heard of that. I have bought my last few from Costco because they come with a two-year warranty, but I think that I will purchase my next one from Fry's electronics, because they repair their computers in-house, which is hopefully faster than sending it in.

Hmm... Fry's shows 230 laptops:
Everyday (132)
Two-in-One (39)
Gaming (37)
Chromebook (9)
Business (7)
Ultrabook (6)

I currently play World of Warcraft once or twice a week. It is not the best use of my time. If I have an good opportunity to socialize, I definitely choose people over pixels. I imagine that a business machine would run it just fine--or maybe perhaps possible business stuff. I might like that, too!

They have two business laptops for a thousand dollars each and they both look good. One has more memory, a faster processor, and a larger hard drive, while the other one has better graphics, so that is interesting.

I already used the extended warranty once and only have one more use. I can fix this myself without spending too much and resume using it quickly, instead of waiting on a warranty, and then I would still be able to send it in if something worse happens.

Besides, if I can install a 1920x1080 screen instead of the current 1366x768 one, that would be great! The site did not warn that it might be incompatible, just that it might put too much strain on the graphics processor, which seems illogical to everyone so far.

Last edited by Xist; 02-03-2015 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: "look," not "looks."