View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 09:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
vskid3
Master EcoModder

Civic DX (sold) - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 34.15 mpg (US)

GTO (sold) - '04 Pontiac GTO
90 day: 22.62 mpg (US)

Green Brick (sold) - '06 Ford Escape Hybrid
90 day: 31.93 mpg (US)
What does the free maintenance cover? Most plans I've seen seem to cover oil changes and tire rotations, which would cost you maybe $50 to DIY over the next year. So while its nice, its probably not all that valuable.

We own our Prius, but bought it with a loan. Paid off the loan in under a year to minimize interest payments/time in debt. Having it paid off is great and I think going into debt for a bit to buy it was worth it for us over buying a cheaper car with cash. You just have to decide whether or not its worth it for you. I personally would try to find a Civic that has had less work done to it, if you decide to go that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanspif View Post
What money? He is planning (hoping) to sell the Cruz for $10.5k, use the money to pay off Cruz and take the rest to buy a Honda outright. Leaving little, if anything, left to be invested.
But from that point on, he could invest the money that he would have been paying towards the car loan. He might not have $7k more in the bank after selling the car, but he could eventually have that and more.

Camry Thread
E-Bike Thread