View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 04:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
rumdog
aero enthusiast

Blue beauty - '02 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Sounds like you're having fun. Not knowing my actual fuel economy would drive me nuts though (hole in tank preventing fill-ups).

What year is it? Thinking: ScanGauge or equivalent...
Its a 95 with efi... i was thinking the same thing today! I am data curious! The topper can come off easy with 2 guys, it would be nice to know a base line mpg for my daily 20 min highway commute.
Hey metrompg i think you are right - that tranny is abit too sharp from the topper top to side, next model will be smoother. This is a quick and rough proof of concept for me, thanks for the input. The second one will be way easier!

Ive been doing lots of brainstorming and image surfing for air dams and side skirts, i would like to lower the bottom edge of the truck to reduce underbody flow - more so on the sides. Medium airdam up front, lowest in front of the wheels.

Think ill use Plastic sheets, as coroplast doesnt like -30 C, gets super brittle. Hope i can find black! Hmmn conveyor belts are black, i like what dave did to his F 350

Youll have to excuse my mix of units, i went to school in metric but now work in inches and feet.i use Kms and litres, until a recent roadtrip down into the States. Where gas is CHEAP man - $1.69 a Gallon! Sheesh. In NZ its about that for a liter!

The Magnum did great on the recent trip to california... ie. didnt breakdown, and avoided a collision nicely. It was a big winter trip for the family and we were lucky with clear weather throught the mountains most of the time. 6555 kms all up. Around 10.3 l/100km or 23mpg doing 80\85 mph and 9.7 l/100 or 24mpg doing 65\70mph. Both using mild truckdriver technics of looking ahead and minimising breaking, slowing on climbs a bit, timing lights. Car was FULL! Not great figures but good to know a starting point. Its my wifes vehicle! So mods will have to be a step up from my truck (with 590,000kms) - where i can slap on some panels to cover the rust.