View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 06:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishar View Post
I have to admit...I have picked an odd thing to get into, that being hypermiling. While I'm very courteous to other drivers I do have a bit of a...road rage issue at times.

I always keep my distance, 3 car lengths at the very least. I was always told the distance between two power line poles. Though more often then not, I'm not going fast enough to worry about that ;P

One peeve is with people who pass to turn. Or even take an off ramp. Irks me to no end. A few times I've been in just the wrong kind of mood and have sped up to make sure they can't take the off ramp. Hurts the mpgs but does tend to make me feel a little Better. Of course, you may be thinking, oh well, they'll take the next ramp. This happens to be the last exit before you hit the Canadian toll bridge >.> so I really make them pay for it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm courteous by making others regret not being courteous so that maybe they'll drive a little more sensibly to the next person. But I'm working on it! I just have to remind myself to be calm and that I'll get my chuckles at the gas station.
I call that a 'pass and ditch'. I do the same thing you described. I especially enjoy it when I'm in the Mustang. Can't outrun me.

One of my major pet peevs is people jumping in your lane to pass someone, only to go 1-2mph faster, slowing EVERYONE down in the lane. I always give them a close cut for that .