View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 06:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
Hopefully my new sunshine commuter, 1975 CB550F

I picked this up from a friend and am working on getting it back on the road. It is the first year of the 550F version and this is the in the first 600 made. It shows 3400 on the odometer. The friend is a professional auto painter and had just put some perfect orange metallic on the tank and will match the side covers when I find some. The carbs are off for rebuild and it is missing some stuff I have been searching ebay for.
I have read some stuff on an sohc4 forum about increasing economy with some carb mods and may just do some while rebuilding so I won't really know before and after as I have no before.
My commute is only 3.5 miles each way and all city. I may take more of the back road to avoid heavy traffic and add 1/2 mile but avoid the rat race on the main road.
I may just loan it out to my son-in-law with a 15 mile each way commute but I think he may have a carpool setup depending on what shift he works.
I may also just sell it and start over with something less original and nice as I will almost be afraid to ride this beauty.