View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 12:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rishar
What did I just do?!

Angry Bird - '10 Toyota Prius
90 day: 62.27 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
Tell me what I, as a random member of society that you've never met, owe you as another driver. Now tell me why you do not also owe that same consideration to me and the other people in the area. If we're all in it together, which we are, we can work together and have smooth flowing traffic. No muss, no fuss, and everybody gets where they're going with no problems. But I refuse to reward bad behavior by cooperating with it.

I was going faster than the cars in the right lane this morning . A car that wanted to go even faster came up behind me and sat awfully close. I could have juggled speeds, popped into a gap in the right lane and forced them to adjust everything so that the faster car could proceed unimpeded, but why? How many of us should be disrupted for the enjoyment of one guy... who tailgates? I know the road's kind of full, but this guy really wants to go faster. We should all work together to let him go. We all owed it to him.
Or...orrrrr...slow down to match speed of the vehicle to your right saving both you and the speedster behind you gas and money! It's a win for everyone. Unless of course...he has a dying person or pregnant wife about to give birth in the vehicle...then maybe not so much.

It's something I often have to remind myself before I make a revenge maneuver, why might this person be driving like a complete (insert obscenity here)? Sure, it could be for jollies, or he might be heading to the hospital. I don't know. On that note, this is what hazard lights are for, if someone has them on and is speeding, I definitely choose get out of the way.