View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 01:34 AM   #1678 (permalink)
Astro
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
...Also my thinking on the current sensors was, if the 3 phase lines were mated to a yet to exist end plate, it wouldn't matter that the 3 current sensors were not bolted down (they could just be around the cable). I bolted it with astro's, but it took a LOT of bending (the picture doesn't do it justice). I'm still not sure which way is better. I didn't want a lot of tension on the sensors.
Paul, how about turning the lugs that connect the cable to IGBT's upside down?
That should lower the cable a bit so that it is a little more in line with the current sensor apertures. Might not be doable but in the pictures it looks like there might be enough clearance.
Another thing would be to chop up a thick kitchen chopping board (nylon?) and make a spacer or two to sit under each of the sensors to raise them up to be more in line with the cable path.

P.S. Yep, I like kitchen chopping boards, they cut and drill as easy as wood, are non conductive, available everywhere and are super cheap.
I may even look at making the end plates for the enclosure from a couple of large chopping boards. They are usually thick enough that screws from outside the enclosure could be screwed into the edge of the chopping board.

Last edited by Astro; 02-07-2015 at 01:47 AM.. Reason: Chopping board stuff.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astro For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (02-07-2015), thingstodo (02-07-2015)