View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 12:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
uhohhotdog151
EcoModding Lurker

New in central WA

Hey guys, long time lurker, life long penny pincher. I usually can find the info i need via the google machine, but im having a tough time on a crx project. I figured its time to actually join the community. Ive been rocking the geo metros for a log time but got tired of driving an easter egg . i bought what was supposed to be a 89 crx hf, but im starting to conclude it is infact a dx. My fault for ignorance a actually expecting people to be honest, HA! so i drove the crx for a few months only geting 30mpg freeway. even using hypermilling techniques. then blew the headgasket and had to get towed 200 mi home from work. (it was a really good day). It warped the head enough to gauge out the cam and race on the head.

I then bought a $400 90 4 door metro 3 cylinder five speed, and am only geting about 35 highway.

so i am currently dealing with 2 problem child commuters

the geo is a roach and i dont want to put any money in it, i plan to fix the crx and keep the geo for a backup.

I will be starting a new thread with a full breakdown on my crx setup, and look forward to any help you guys can give. Thanks in advance.

~Darizza